Logomania isn’t fading into the 90s archive just yet and this season is all about the details. Case in point: Chanel’s shoulder-grazing name earrings seen on and off the runway. But are you daring enough? BURO. makes a case for five reasons you’ll want to name drop.
1. They instantly elevate any outfit. A no-brainer when it comes to off-duty dressing, these jewels will take you from day to night quicker than you can stack them on. Jeans and tee? Yes. Work blazer? You guessed it, yes. Leggings and a jumper? Again, an emphatic yes. Add one to any outfit for a high-low look that promises to make your weekend and workday infinitely more now.
2. They do the talking for you. Wearing logo jewellery is making a statement—they are a sort of sartorial status coveted by the fashion crowd. But be warned: no one is into a logo hoarder so pick one name and stick to it.
3. They can be subtle or...not. There are two camps when it comes to logo jewellery: barely there or in your face. The former is a more subtle take, think the Jacquemus gold-caged earrings where the namesake only becomes noticeable when standing perfectly still. The latter on the other hand screams "LOOK AT ME!" Think the diamanté choker from Balenciaga with 3cm letters splayed across the neck. Both are favourable it just depends on the vibe you’re going for.
4. They have longevity. If brought from the right brand these pieces will last forever. Think the vintage Chanel chain belts that pop up (and off) on Vestiaire Collective just as fast as you can say Chanel or the classic Gucci belt that is never going out of style (fingers crossed).
5. They’re an easy styling win. If you're going down the necklace route add a logo piece to your usual stack. Mix the textures, metals and sizes and don’t be worried about putting finer pieces along with chunkier costume ones, it’s the combination that makes it work.
Brooches are the easiest way to add flair to any outfit. Tack them onto your blazer or puffer for instant cool.
Hoops are always a good idea, especially if they’re Gucci embossed gold and diamond logo ones.
For all those not shy about making a statement, this one's for you. An in-your-face gothic choker from Balenciaga.
Jacquemus keeps throwing out accessory bangers and these danglers don’t disappoint.
For something a bit more classic this FF logo bracelet feels a little bit more like an ‘if you know you know’ situation. Are they angel wings? Is it a nicely shaped pendant? Oh wait, it's Fendi.