The Drop: Back-To-Work BagsOur back-to-work bag edit is window shopping for the soul. Or real shopping for yourself, of course. No one is looking.
Five Reasons to Lust after, or Live in...Bag to Work Bags
The holidays are slowly fizzling out, the tree is off to recycling, and you are contemplating that crash back to reality. You are ready for the New Year, and instead of nostalgic thoughts of new pencil cases and gel pens, remember it’s now time for that back-to-work bag hunt. Here are BURO. picks of the bags that will ease you through those January blues.
- Super-sized bags are capacious enough to carry your everyday essentials - laptop, new Smythson diary and all. The good news is these covetable bags aren’t just extraordinarily practical, they’re also top of our wish lists as an office-appropriate investment. Choose kudos-winning style choices from fashion favourites Bottega Veneta, Burberry, Khaite and Loewe.
- Price-per-wear potential on an everyday designer bag is high, but if you don’t have a big budget there are some newcomers delivering high-fashion options that hit the sweet spot between fashion and functionality that won’t break the bank. Look to Danse Lente, Mansur Gavriel, Uterqüe, Ferian and Aesther Ekme for brands that will uphold your sartorial status without rinsing your wallet.
- You have a few options when it comes to your choice of bag. Structured and classic, squishy and tote like, in classic shades of black, beige and brown, or printed to add some pop. Brands have all tapped into this practicality trend, offering their own take on the elevated day bag. If you’re still not ready to part ways with your beloved mini bag, simply double up your mini with a maxi; two bags are always better than one.
- For those that love a top handle the offerings this season are more subtle and stylish than prim and proper. These styles can be carried dangling off the arm to give a feminine touch to masculine tailoring, or held by the handles like a briefcase with dresses or mini leather skirt for a timeless but work-boss get-up.
- If you want to avoid the chiropractor’s attention, the backpack is a perfect remedy. This season it is all about minimalism. Classic boxy shapes are back in style and if you get one with a top handle, you give yourself some switching options in the style stakes.