The Drop: NeonOur neon edit is window shopping for the soul. Or real shopping for yourself, of course. No one is looking.
Neon has taken on a new sophisticated, grown-up persona – shedding its rave culture past and stepping up as one of social media's most taggable trends. But how to style the brightest of colour pops IRL?
Five Reasons to Lust after, or Live in: Neon Hues
- Lime green, fluoro yellow, hot pink: this season’s highlighter hues are loud and proud. Add some fun to your daily office look by pairing a pop of neon with tonal tailored separates. Consider investing in separates that are easily integrated into your existing wardrobe - who doesn’t love a peek of sunshine from beneath a blazer?
- If turning up the brightness is outside of your sartorial comfort zone, bold accessories might be your best option. Dabble with some shoes or a bag, or if that’s still too much, pepper in some matrix glasses or perspex earrings.
- If you are more about a makeup touch, opt for a neon eye shadow, bold eyeliner or nail polish.
- For those who love to take things a step further, try full colour-clash with your separates for maximalist impact: think of the covetable appeal of a packet of WH Smith highlighters.
- For evening, keep neons modern by ensuring the rest of your look is pared-back. Think simple make-up and scraped-back hair, for a looked that feels contemporary rather than eighties inspired.