T his year, Kiehl's is celebrating the 10-year anniversary of its Dermatologist Solutions Range which has become a go-to skincare solution the world over. Now, Buro 24/7 Middle East is speaking secrets, skin strategies and solutions with New York-based dermatologist and Kiehl's consultant Dr. Adam Geyer...
How efficient are the Kiehl's products?
What makes these products so unique and efficient is that they are potent treatments that can be used at home. These treatments also provide a cost-effective way to achieve measurable results safely, with no down-time. The first Dermatologist Solutions formula, Powerful Strength Line Reducing Concentrate was one of the first Vitamin C serums formulated at a high 10.5 percent, which was a significant skincare innovation in 2005. Today, it remains one of the most popular, highly efficacious products of its kind on the market.
- How did the range come about?
- The Dermatologist Solutions line was developed in response to an awareness that Kiehl's patrons showed towards higher potency, results-driven procedures and products to fight signs of skin aging. As the field of dermatology has expanded to develop more treatments and procedures to rejuvenate the skin and reverse some of the signs of skin aging, so too has Kiehl's sought to expand their array of treatments to achieve these aims.
- What are proving to be the top products from the range and why?
The top three customer favourites are Ultra-Light Daily UV Defense, Precision Lifting and Pore-Tightening Concentrate and the Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution. Kiehl's Dermatologist Solutions formulas, such as these, are advanced skincare treatments developed to treat the more serious skincare needs of customers.
- Top three tips to keeping skin hydrated...
In order to keep skin healthy, hydrated and plump, it is important to use a great skincare regime that not only protects and repairs your skin, but is also tailored to your skin type:
1. For normal or combination skin: I recommend preparing skin with a cleanser and toner to balance skin's surface oils.
2. For targeted hydration: I recommend Kiehl's new Hydro-Plumping Re-Texturizing Serum Concentrate. This breakthrough, innovative formula quickly and efficiently penetrates the skin to deliver an optimised balance of ingredients that "flood" the deepest surface layers of dehydrated skin to restore vital moisture. Layering it with a lightweight moisturiser such as the Ultra Facial Cream, will also help keep skin looking radiant and healthy.
3. And finally, you should protect your skin with UV. Damaging UV rays come through car windows and reflect off of surfaces around us, so daily sunscreen is a must. If you are only putting sunscreen on when going to the beach, you are missing the most important health and beauty product in your medicine cabinet — your SPF!
- As a dermatologist, what's your view on botox and why?
Botox targets dynamic lines of facial expression by limiting the contraction of muscles involved in creating the lines. Its effect, when injected properly, can provide benefit across ages and gender. The trick is that Botox must be done to limit movement, not eliminate it all together. But techniques have evolved over the past few decades that help our patients achieve a more rested and fresh appearance rather than looking over-done. Of all of the procedures I offer in my office, Botox remains the most popular and has the highest rate of patient satisfaction.
As a dermatologist, there are many tools at my disposal to treat the visible signs of aging. Botox is one of my most effective tools.
What's one way to ensure our skin doesn't age quickly?
It is important to use a skincare regimen that protects and repairs your skin and is tailored to your skin type. It's not about one secret anti-aging formula, but about finding a regimen that's right for you.
There are ways for women to make substantial improvements in the health and appearance of their skin and to take years off of their perceived age. This involves a comprehensive regimen that includes committing to daily broad spectrum sun protection, attention to overall wellness and hydration, applying quality anti-aging skincare morning and night, and considering carefully selected procedures in the dermatologist's office. We have many minimally invasive and non-invasive techniques and lasers that, when paired with key ingredients at home (such as vitamin C and other powerful antioxidants), can substantially improve the quality, texture, and appearance of the skin and truly "wind back the clock" so to speak.
Kiehl's is available at leading department stores across the Middle East.